DRUGSURV: a resource for repositioning of approved and experimental drugs in oncology based on patient survival information
I Amelio, M Gostev, RA Knight, AE Willis, G Melino and AV Antonov
Cell Death and Disease (2014) 5, e1051; doi:10.1038/cddis.2014.9
DRUGSURV: a resource for repositioning of approved and experimental drugs in oncology based on patient survival information derived from clinical cancer expression datasets.
DRUGSURV is a comprehensive informatics resource to explore potential of ~ 1700 FDA approved drugs and ~ 5000 experimental drugs to target (affect) genes that significantly associated with survival in clinical cancer expression datasets. At the moment, resource covers 17 different cancer types and ~ 50 independent clinical expression datasets annotated with patient survival information.
With DRUGSURV you can:
- Query your drug
- Query your gene
- Query cancer type (to get top associated drugs to a given cancer type )
- Query clinical dataset (to get top associated drugs to the clinical conditions modelled in the dataset )
Feel free to use our tools at bioprofiling.de:
- MIRUMIR: test your microRNA as biomarker of cancer survival
- PPISURV: test your gene as biomarker of cancer survival
- GENESURV test whether your gene list is statistically enriched with genes which affect survival in particular clinical conditions
- DRUGSURV explore whether your gene has potential as a drug target for repositioning of FDA approved drugs